Microsoft 365 - 5 NEW & Updated Features Admins MUST Know!
In this session I take you on a journey into the latest features in Microsoft 365. Everything from the new and extended features of adaptive policies to LAPS or Windows Local Administrator Password Solution which stores local admin passwords in Azure AD. In addition I’ll also take a look at the newly updated Microsoft 365 Apps store which provides some awesome new features for Admins. So if you’re ready to learn and keep your skills updated then tune in.
In this Video
- 00:00 Introductions
- 01:43 The Microsoft 365 Marketplace
- 02:32 Integrated Apps Store
- 05:00 Microsoft Purview Roles & Adaptive Scopes
- 07:33 Adaptive Retention Policies
- 09:55 Extending Communications Compliance with Adaptive Policies
- 14:34 Windows Local Administrator Password Solution with Microsoft Entra (Azure AD)
- 18:03 Session Conclusions
Microsoft 365 Admins - five more things you should know about
- Cloud App Security: Microsoft 365 now provides advanced security features for cloud apps with Cloud App Security. This feature enables admins to monitor, detect, and prevent suspicious activity in cloud apps and services.
- Conditional Access: Conditional Access enables admins to set conditions and rules that must be met in order for users to access certain resources and applications. This feature allows admins to identify risk and take appropriate action to secure their environment.
- Advanced Threat Protection: Microsoft 365 now includes Advanced Threat Protection, which is a comprehensive security solution that helps protect your organization from advanced threats such as spear phishing, ransomware, and malware.
- Microsoft Teams: Microsoft Teams is a powerful collaboration tool that allows users to collaborate, chat, and share files in real-time. It also provides admins with security and compliance tools to ensure data privacy.
- Endpoint Management: Microsoft 365 now offers a comprehensive Endpoint Management solution that enables admins to manage and secure all their devices, including Windows, Mac, iOS, and Android.
Questions and Answers about Microsoft 365
Office 365 E5 is a cloud-based suite of Microsoft 365 productivity apps combined with advanced voice, analytics, security, and compliance services. • Install Microsoft 365 for mobile on up to five PCs or Macs, five tablets, and five phones per user.
E3 provides the full suite of enterprise functionality with Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.) and additional security functionality. E5 is the most advanced package, with all the features of E3, alongside advanced email security functionality, analytics, and phone systems.
From April 1st 2023, there will be a 9% increase on Microsoft product pricing. Starting in 2023, Microsoft will be changing the pricing structure of licensing plans – this will impact all user and software lic