In this video, I'll show you some techniques that if you follow will be sure to
make your Power Apps more inclusive and easier to use. They will also give you a huge sense of satisfaction and give your apps a solid UX foundation!
- Keyboard accessibility
- Keyboard shortcuts
- Screen reader optimization
- 00:00 Introduction
- 01:16 Overview of progress so far
- 01:56 Adding edit panel
- 02:37 Tab order - and settings
- 05:56 Adding an edit action button with the correct tab order
- 21:49 Adding keyboard shortcuts
- 27:10 Screen reader experience
- 30:11 Summary
Other good tips
- Make sure your app is designed with accessibility in mind: Take the time to review and understand the applicable accessibility guidelines when designing your app, so that you can create an experience that works for everyone.
- Use descriptive labels: Labels should accurately describe what a user must do on each page or field of your app. This will help visually impaired users who rely on screen readers to understand how to use the app more easily.
- Keep it simple: Try not to include too much text or graphics as this can be overwhelming for those using assistive technology such as screen readers, which struggle with complex layouts and formatting.
- Provide alternative ways of providing input: Allow users to navigate through forms and other inputs via keyboard commands instead of requiring them to use a mouse or touch-screen device; this makes it easier for people who are unable to use these devices due to physical impairments or disabilities.
- Include captions and transcripts where possible: Including audio/visual content in your app? Make sure you also provide written transcripts so that deaf users can still access the information within it without having any issues understanding what’s being said in videos or podcasts etc
More links on about Power Platform/Power Apps
Dec 15, 2022 — Create accessible canvas apps ; Ensure layout follows a logical flow when read from top to bottom, left to right. Create a responsive app so that ...
Read my list of 10 tips I wish to know before I've started with PowerApps and become a PowerApps expert in an eyeblink. Those tips save your time a lot!
Jan 8, 2023 — Do you want to learn how to take advantage of the Microsoft PowerApps platform ... What's more, Power Apps is generally quite easy to learn.