The video explains how to enable the search feature in a Power BI slicer. If a slicer, which can filter text values such as customer or product names, has too many items, it can be difficult to find the desired item. To mitigate this, a search bar can be enabled. This is done by clicking the ellipsis in the top right corner of the slicer visual, then clicking on "Search." Once enabled, the search bar remains unless specifically disabled. To make the search bar available for end-users, one must enable it and then publish the report to the Power BI service. The article concludes by suggesting further reading on different aspects of Power BI slicers.
A Power BI Slicer is a visual filter in Power BI that allows users to filter a report by clicking or selecting values. To make a Power BI Slicer searchable, you can use the “Searchable Slicer” visual in the Power BI Marketplace. This visual makes it easy to filter across large data sets by searching for values instead of manually selecting them.
Quick Tips for Power BI Slicers
When creating a Power BI Slicer, it is important to make the data set as small as possible. This will make it easier for users to navigate the report. Additionally, you should enable “Searchable Slicer” in the settings of the Power BI visual. This will allow users to quickly filter the data by typing in the value they are looking for. Finally, it is important to limit the number of slicers on a page. Too many slicers can make the report difficult to navigate and interpret.
Power BI Product
Power BI is an end-to-end business intelligence platform from Microsoft. It helps organizations to build, deploy, and manage data-driven insights. With Power BI, users can quickly analyze and visualize data from a wide range of sources. It also provides tools for developing custom visuals and reports. Power BI is available as a cloud-based service, as well as an on-premises solution.
What Else Should I Learn About Power BI?
Power BI has a range of features that make it an excellent business intelligence platform. It provides users with a wide range of data visualizations and a powerful analytics engine. Additionally, Power BI enables users to share insights and collaborate with colleagues. It also offers a variety of tools for developing custom visuals and reports. Finally, Power BI is available as both a cloud-based and an on-premises solution, so users can choose the option that best fits their needs.
More links on about Power BI searchable Slicer
- Search Bar in Power BI Slicer
- Oct 13, 2021 — Click on the ellipsis on the right top corner of the slicer visual, and then you will see Search. Click on search. This adds a search bar on the ...
- How to Add Search Bar To Slicer In Power BI
- Jan 11, 2023 — Select the Slicer icon from the Visualizations. · Click the three dots (…) from the upper-right corner of the Slicer. power bi slicer search box.
- Solved: Slicer Search Bar - Microsoft Power BI Community
- Jan 10, 2023 — Click on the elipses of the slicer and click on search, to enable the search bar. visheshjain_0-1673335584376.png. Thank you,. Vishesh Jain. Did I answer your ...
- Power BI Slicer Search Box
- Jul 20, 2021 — Select the slicer visual > click on three dots(…) for more options > select search. Power BI slicer add the search box.
- How to add a Search Box to a Slicer in Power BI - PBI Visuals
- Jan 24, 2021 — Hover the mouse on slicer > click on Ellipsis icon > then click on Search. ... Now you can see the search box in slicer and you can easily find ...