In this Microsoft session, expert Andy Malone delves into the Entra ID Conditional Access system. The course covers the basics, the integration with Entra ID Identity Protection, and detailed functionality of the system.
It is aimed at those prepping for a Microsoft exam, or simply those keen to learn more. Specific topics covered include zero trust and conditional access, critical settings, Entra ID Conditional Access Portal, policy creation, client app restrictions, dynamic device filtering, policy creation from a template, and usage of 'What IF' tool. The video concludes with a reporting overview and final thoughts.
- Introduction to conditional access and zero trust.
- Entra ID Identity Protection Overview.
- Entra ID Conditional Access Portal Overview.
- Crucial settings to scrutiny.
- Creating a Entra ID Conditional Access Policy from scratch.
- Client Application Restrictions.
- Dynamic Device Filtering.
- Creating a Entra ID Conditional Access policy from a template.
- Usage of the What IF Tool.
- Entra ID Conditional Access Reporting.
- Session conclusions.
More on Microsoft Entra ID Conditional Access
The Microsoft Entra ID Conditional Access is a comprehensive system allowing administrators to control access to their resources. Entra ID Identity Protection enhances this security by integrating risk-based policies into the procedure.
The 'What If' Tool, Client App Restrictions, and Dynamic device filtering are essential features of this system. Entra ID Conditional Access policies from templates expedite the process while maintaining the highest level of security. Alongside access control, it provides detailed reporting for efficient tracking.
Learn about Entra ID Conditional Access Made Simple
Microsoft Entra ID Conditional Access is a security feature that helps organizations protect their data and resources. It allows administrators to define access policies based on a variety of conditions, such as the user's identity, the device used to access the resource, and the user's location. In this session, we will look at the fundamentals of Entra ID Conditional Access, including how to set up and manage policies, configure client app restrictions, and use the What If Tool to test policies.
We will also look at Entra ID Identity Protection and its integration with Entra ID Conditional Access. Finally, we will examine how to use the reporting features to monitor and audit access policies. With this knowledge, you will be able to implement Entra ID Conditional Access to protect your organization's resources and data.
More links on about Entra ID Conditional Access Made Simple
- What is Conditional Access in Azure Active Directory?
- Signals integration with Microsoft Entra ID Protection allows Conditional Access policies to identify and remediate risky users and sign-in behavior.
- Building a Conditional Access policy - Microsoft Entra
- Jul 7, 2023 — By default, all newly created Conditional Access policies will apply to all client app types even if the client apps condition isn't configured.
- Microsoft Entra ID Conditional Access Gets Protected ...
- Aug 9, 2023 — Microsoft has announced that Conditional Access for protected actions support is now generally available for Entra ID (Azure AD) customers.
- Describe Microsoft Entra ID Conditional Access
- Apr 20, 2023 — Azure AD Conditional Access allows you to apply policies that are applied when your resources are accessed. Conditional Access uses signals from ...
- Microsoft Entra (Identity)
- They say that Identity is the heart of every security solution. Here you'll find lessons on all things Microsoft Identity & Authentication.
- Azure AD is becoming Microsoft Entra ID
- Jul 12, 2023 — Renaming Azure AD to Microsoft Entra ID is a logical step, ... For example, Azure AD Conditional Access will become Microsoft Entra ...
- Announcing general availability of shared device ...
- Aug 9, 2023 — With this new integration, Workspace ONE UEM can register shared devices with Entra ID to enable granular, app-level conditional access ...
- Microsoft Entra ID (Azure AD) adds FIDO2 support on iOS ...
- Jul 25, 2023 — Microsoft Entra ID (Azure AD) adds FIDO2 support on iOS and Conditional Access Authentication Strengths now generally available.
- Microsoft Adds Two New Entra Products, Renames ...
- Jul 11, 2023 — We're converging controls for identity and network access so you can create unified Conditional Access policies that extend all protections and ...
- What? Azure Active Directory is becoming Microsoft Entra ID
- Pokémon jokes aside, here's what it means for your identity and access management (and ... Azure AD Conditional Access -> Microsoft Entra Conditional Access.
Entra ID, Conditional Access, Identity Protection, Zero Trust, Microsoft Exam