Defender for OTHER Clouds (AWS and GCP) Me talking about clouds other than Azure :-) How Defender for Cloud offers great Cloud Security Posture Management and more for Amazon Web Services (AWS) and Google Cloud Platform (GCP).
Looking for content on a particular topic? Search the channel. If I have something it will be there!
- 00:00 - Introduction
- 02:05 - Defender for Cloud
- 04:06 - Connecting to AWS and GCP
- 06:52 - Adding a connector
- 11:15 - How authentication works
- 17:45 - Getting resource information
- 20:16 - Data collection and refresh
- 21:49 - Foundational CSPM capabilities
- 24:49 - Overview and Inventory
- 28:53 - Recommendations
- 37:26 - Custom recommendations and standards
- 42:05 - Governance
- 49:22 - Attack paths
- 54:06 - Cloud Security Explorer
- 56:15 - Close and summary
Enhancing Cloud Security with Defender for other Clouds (AWS and GCP)
Defender for Cloud offers advanced protection for your AWS and GCP workloads. By unifying security posture management across various cloud platforms, Defender provides a comprehensive overview and actionable recommendations. Customizable security standards and governance features allow users to adapt the system to their needs, while attack paths visualization and Cloud Security Explorer tools help identify potential threats. Embrace a more secure cloud experience with Defender for other Clouds.
Read the full article Defender for OTHER Clouds (AWS and GCP)
Learn about Defender for OTHER Clouds (AWS and GCP)
Defender for Cloud offers great Cloud Security Posture Management and more for Amazon Web Services (AWS) and Google Cloud Platform (GCP). In this video, you will learn about how to connect to AWS and GCP, authentication, getting resource information, data collection and refresh, foundational CSPM capabilities, overview and inventory, recommendations, custom recommendations and standards, governance, attack paths, and Cloud Security Explorer. By the end of the video, you will have a better understanding of how Defender for Cloud can help improve your cloud security.
You can learn more about Defender for Cloud by looking at the plan information available on Github. Additionally, a whiteboard containing further details is available for download.
In general, Defender for Cloud is a great tool to use to improve your cloud security. It offers a variety of features such as resource information, data collection and refresh, foundational CSPM capabilities, recommendations, custom recommendations and standards, governance, attack paths, and Cloud Security Explorer. It can help you stay on top of your cloud security posture and ensure that you have the right protections in place.
Microsoft Defender for Cloud, previously known as Azure Security Center, is a unified infrastructure security management system. It provides security management and advanced threat protection across hybrid cloud workloads.
Here's more information about its features:
- Threat protection: Defender for Cloud helps to detect and prevent threats across a wide variety of services from Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) to Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS), applying advanced analytics and global threat intelligence.
- Secure score: It provides a secure score to help organizations assess their security posture and provides recommendations to mitigate potential risks.
- Just-in-Time access: It reduces the attack surface by enabling just-in-time, controlled access to management ports on Azure VMs.
- Security policy: Organizations can define a custom security policy per their needs, allowing them to set the desired configuration and the service will monitor and report any drift from that baseline.
- Regulatory compliance: Defender for Cloud provides a range of tools to help organizations meet their compliance obligations, offering built-in controls for many regulatory standards.
- Security automation and remediation: It offers security automation and orchestration features to aid in incident response and remediation.
- Integration: It's deeply integrated with other services within Azure, and can protect non-Azure resources as well.
Please note that the exact features and capabilities of Defender for Cloud can evolve over time as Microsoft continues to invest and innovate in their cloud security offerings. You should check the latest documentation or directly contact Microsoft for the most up-to-date and detailed information.
More links on about Defender for OTHER Clouds (AWS and GCP)
- Microsoft Defender for Cloud can now protect Google ...
- Feb 23, 2022 — Microsoft announced today that Microsoft Defender for Cloud now also comes with native protection for Google Cloud Platform (GCP) ...
- AWS vs. Azure vs. Google Cloud: Security comparison
- Microsoft Defender, formerly known as Azure Defender, is a Cloud Security Posture Management (CSPM) and Cloud Workload Protection Platform (CWPP) for managing ...
- Microsoft expands Defender security to Google Cloud ...
- Feb 23, 2022 — Microsoft says its cloud security tool, Defender for Cloud, now supports Google Cloud, in addition to Amazon Web Services (AWS) and Azure.
- Microsoft Defender for Cloud comes to Google Cloud
- Feb 25, 2022 — Microsoft Defender for Cloud now offers security configuration tips for workloads on Google Cloud Platform as well as Amazon Web Services.
- Microsoft Defender For Cloud: The Only Offering That ...
- Apr 4, 2022 — Microsoft Defender for Cloud is the only security solution that supports Azure, AWS, and Google Cloud Platform (GCP).
- Compare AWS and Azure services to Google Cloud
- Service categoryService typeGoogle Cloud productApp modernizationCI/CDCloud BuildApp modernizationCI/CDGoogle Cloud DeployApp modernizationExecution ControlCloud TasksView 164 more rowsView 164 more rows
- Integration Azure Defender with Google Cloud and AWS ...
- Oct 9, 2020 — Automatic agent provisioning (Defender uses Azure Arc to deploy the Log Analytics agent to your AWS instances) (NOT Supported for Google Cloud ...
Cloud Security Posture Management, Cloud Defender, AWS Security, GCP Security, Cloud Security Explorer