There are many times when we need to trigger a Power Automate not based on an automated cloud flow. In this video we go over 5 different ways to trigger a Flow manually. My favorite of course I saved for last is to create a Power App with all our buttons to start a Flow.
- 0:00 Introduction
- 0:50 1. Run Flow from Teams
- 2:43 2. Run Flow from a Teams Message
- 4:45 3. From A Selected Item in SharePoint
- 7:15 4. From a Column in SharePoint
- 9:47 5. Use Power Apps to Start a Flow
- 13:00 Conclusion
More options about this Trigger a Power Automate Flow
- From Power Automate mobile app: You can trigger a flow directly from the Power Automate mobile app. You just need to open the app, select the flow you want to trigger, and then tap the Trigger button.
- From Power Automate web portal: You can also trigger a flow manually from the web portal. Just go to the Power Automate portal, select the flow you want to trigger, and then click the “Run” button.
- From a button in an app: If you have an app with a button that you want to use to trigger a flow, you can do so by using Power Automate’s “Button” trigger. This trigger allows you to create a button in an app that will trigger your flow when pressed.
- From a calendar event: If you have a calendar event that you want to use to trigger a flow, you can do so by using Power Automate’s “Calendar” trigger. This trigger allows you to create a calendar event that will trigger your flow when it occurs.
- From an email: If you have an email that you want to use to trigger a flow, you can do so by using Power Automate’s “Email” trigger. This trigger allows you to create an email that will trigger your flow when it is received.
More links on about Power Platform/Power Apps
Jul 23, 2019 — Jul 23, 2019The trigger is used for manually triggering a Flow from a the Flow Mobile app. This places a circular button on the Flow app (shown below) that, ...
Sep 19, 2018 · 3 postsManually trigger a flow · 1. Create a choice or yes/no column defaulted to No. · 2. Use a Flow trigger when an item is modified or created. · 3.
Oct 5, 2022 — Oct 5, 2022Manual Triggers: These triggers are used to trigger Instant Cloud Flows. These are the flows which are triggered manually with the click of a ...