Microsoft has released Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 25905 to the Canary Channel. This build's ISO files are available for download. The software update brings changes to the branch name displayed in the desktop watermark, changing it back to RS_PRERELEASE.
As a result of this change, features that had previously been temporarily removed with the transition to ZN_RELEASE have been restored, in addition to some new features introduced. Due to the early stage of these releases, Microsoft provides only documentation for significant and impactful known issues.
Please note that blog posts are not published for every flight – only when new features are available in a build.
The new build 25905 forms part of the next generation Windows Operating System, Windows 11. Prepared by Microsoft, this insider preview build is primarily for developers and early adaptors. Located in the Canary Channel, this build forms part of the latest innovations and changes in the Windows ecosystem.
Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 25905 is the latest version released to the Canary Channel. It contains several new features, including the return of some features that were temporarily removed with the switch to ZN_RELEASE. Insiders can download the ISO here [https://aka.ms/wipISO]. This build also includes changes to the desktop watermark, allowing it to show the branch name RS_PRERELEASE. Documentation for this build is limited, and only the most significant and highly impactful known issues will be documented. New features available in this build include:
• Improved performance and stability for Windows Mixed Reality.
• Changes to the Windows Update process that will make it easier to keep your device up to date with the latest version of Windows.
• An improved Windows Defender Security Center that makes it easier to manage your device’s security settings.
• Improvements to the Windows Subsystem for Linux 2 (WSL2) that make it easier to use.
• New tools and APIs for developers that make it easier to develop apps and services for Windows.
• Updates to the Edge browser that make it faster and more secure.
• Improvements to the Windows Hello facial recognition system that make it easier to use.
• Improvements to the Windows Ink workspace that make it easier to use.
• Updates to the Microsoft Store that make it easier to find and install apps and services.
• Updates to the Action Center that make it easier to manage notifications.
• Improvements to the Windows File Explorer that make it easier to find and manage files.
• Updates to Cortana that make it easier to use.
Windows 11, Insider Preview Build 25905, ISOs, RS_PRERELEASE, ZN_RELEASE, Canary Channel, Dev Channel, Build 25905.