In this video, we explore the world of PowerApps data sources, ranking them based on performance, scalability, and overall suitability for different use cases. The top five data sources for PowerApps are discussed, including SharePoint, SQL Server, Dataverse, and more. Additionally, we touch on why Excel might not be the best choice for your PowerApps data source. This video aims to provide valuable insights for both PowerApps beginners and experienced developers to help you make the best decision for your project.
- 0:00 Intro
- 0:38 5th best data source
- 2:18 4th best data source
- 2:54 3rd best data source
- 6:51 2nd best data source
- 7:43 1st best data source
- 9:36 Licensing chat
- 10:46 Help choosing
In Power Apps, a data source is a service or location that provides the underlying data for your app. It can be a wide range of data repositories, including databases, cloud-based services, SharePoint lists, Excel files, and more. Data sources in Power Apps enable you to connect and interact with external data, allowing you to create powerful and dynamic applications.
By connecting to a data source, you can retrieve data from it, display it in your app's user interface, perform operations like filtering, sorting, and updating, and even submit new data back to the data source. Power Apps supports various types of data sources, such as:
- 1. Common Data Service (CDS): CDS is a cloud-based data storage and management service provided by Microsoft. It serves as a common data repository for several Microsoft applications, including Power Apps, Dynamics 365, and Power BI.
- 2. SharePoint: Power Apps can connect to SharePoint lists and libraries, allowing you to access and manipulate data stored in SharePoint sites.
- 3. Azure SQL Database: Power Apps supports connecting to Azure SQL Database, which is a cloud-based relational database service provided by Microsoft Azure.
- 4. Excel: You can connect Power Apps to Excel files stored in services like OneDrive or SharePoint. This enables you to work with the data in the Excel file within your app.
- 5. Common web services: Power Apps can connect to various web services via REST or SOAP APIs, allowing you to integrate with external systems and retrieve or update data.
- 6. Custom connectors: Power Apps allows you to create custom connectors to connect to your own APIs or third-party services, enabling you to work with data from those sources.
These are just a few examples of the data sources available in Power Apps. By leveraging data sources, you can build apps that interact with real-time data, streamline processes, and provide rich user experiences.
Understanding PowerApps Data Sources
PowerApps data sources play a crucial role in determining the performance, scalability, and efficiency of your apps. It's essential to choose the right data source based on your specific requirements and use cases. Understanding the pros and cons of each option allows you to make an informed decision, and ultimately, create a more robust and reliable app. This video serves as a valuable resource in weighing the options, ensuring that your PowerApps project is built on a solid foundation and poised for success.
Learn about Power Apps Data Sources Ranked! Which is best? 🥇
Power Apps is a powerful tool for creating applications, but it is important to choose the right data source to maximize its potential. In this video, we rank the top five data sources for Power Apps based on their performance, scalability, and overall suitability for different use cases. We cover SharePoint, SQL Server, Dataverse, and more to help you make the best decision for your project. We also discuss why Excel might not be the best choice for your Power Apps data source. Whether you're a Power Apps beginner or an experienced developer, this video will provide valuable insights to help you up your Power Apps skills today.
In addition, we provide helpful tips on licensing and provide a link to contact us for any assistance you may need. This video will provide you with the knowledge and information you need to make the best decision for your Power Apps project and help you get the most out of it.
More links on about Power Apps Data Sources Ranked! Which is best? 🥇
- What is the Best Database for your Microsoft PowerApps in 2022
- Dataverse (Formerly Common Data Service): Database for PowerApps. Dataverse is the best option if you need to store hundreds of thousands of rows of data.
- Choosing The Right Data Source for Power Apps & Power ...
- Sep 29, 2022 — Anyway, back to the technology, the most used data sources for Power Apps and Power Automate are usually Excel, SharePoint, Dataverse for ...
- 4 Data sources in the Power Platform
- Apr 7, 2020 — The preferred data source options · SharePoint · Excel Online · SQL Server · Common Data Service.
- 5 Power Apps Best Practices for Early Makers
- Nov 9, 2022 — Best practices include: The age old debate: Patch vs. Submit form. What is the best data source? Building smaller apps.
- Power Apps Data Sources Explained
- Apr 7, 2021 — One of the fundamental pieces of Power Apps are data sources. In this video I explain: ✓ How Power Apps connects to data
PowerApps, PowerPlatform, CanvasApps, ModelDriven, SharePoint, SQL Server, Dataverse, Excel, Licensing, Help Choosing