Microsoft 365 Group Secrets that Every Admin Should Know is a comprehensive guide on understanding and managing Microsoft Groups in both Microsoft 365 and Microsoft Entra. The session dives deep into the creation, management, and security of groups in Azure AD and Microsoft 365. This is a must-watch session for admins, full of tips and tricks for getting the best out of the technology.
- 00:00 - Introductions
- 02:19 - Groups Types Explained
- 04:20 - Creating Groups
- 08:53 - Converting Groups to Teams
- 09:34 - Understanding Group Permissions
- 11:40 - Important Group Settings that Admins MUST Know
- 13:23 - Managing Groups Via Teams
- 15:15 - Group Archiving, Deletion & Restore Tips
- 18:13 - Dynamic Groups Deep Dive
- 22:35 - Adding Azure AD Roles to Groups
- 27:07 - Critical Group Options
- 30:45 - PIM Assigned Groups
- 32:53 - Session Conclusions
A Microsoft 365 Group is a service that works across the Microsoft 365 ecosystem. It's essentially a shared workspace for email, conversations, files, and calendar events where group members can collectively get stuff done.
Here are some key features:
- Shared Inbox: For email conversations between your members. This inbox has an email address and can be set to accept messages from people outside the group and even outside your organization, much like a traditional distribution list.
- Shared Calendar: For scheduling events related to the group.
- SharePoint Document Library: A central place for the group to store and share files.
- Shared OneNote Notebook: For gathering ideas, research, and information.
- Planner: For assigning and managing project tasks among your group members.
- Teams: Each group in Microsoft 365 has a dedicated Teams space, which enables more interactive and dynamic conversations, along with a host of additional features like meetings, video calls, and chat.
Microsoft 365 Groups are different from traditional distribution lists in that they provide additional features and capabilities to help teams work together. They're also different from SharePoint Teams sites because they extend beyond SharePoint to provide a multi-faceted collaboration space.
Unlocking the Full Potential of Microsoft Groups
In addition to the information provided in the video, it is crucial for admins to continue exploring the capabilities of Microsoft Groups to enhance user collaboration and organization-wide efficiency. By mastering the nuances of group permissions and settings, admins can provide a secure and customizable environment in which teams can thrive.
Read the full article Microsoft 365 Group Secrets that Every Admin Should Know
Learn about Microsoft 365 Group Secrets that Every Admin Should Know
This session provides a comprehensive overview of Microsoft 365 Groups and Microsoft Entra. It covers topics such as how to create and manage groups, secure them in both Azure AD and Microsoft 365, tips and tricks for admins, and understanding group permissions. It also covers topics related to group archiving, deletion, restoring, and dynamic groups. In addition, it covers adding Azure AD roles to groups, critical group options, and PIM assigned groups. This session is a must for anyone looking to get the most out of Microsoft 365 Groups and ensure their groups are properly secure.
More links on about Microsoft 365 Group Secrets that Every Admin Should Know
- Using Hidden Membership for Microsoft 365 Groups
- Oct 4, 2022 — Hidden membership is supported for Microsoft 365 Groups and distribution lists. It means that no one except members and admins can see who's ...
- Understanding Office 365 Groups Technical Limitation And ...
- Mar 2, 2017 — Understanding Office 365 Groups technical boundaries - from number of groups, to private vs. public groups, permissions, external access, ...
- The Secret Recipe for Improving Microsoft 365 Efficiency
- Jun 10, 2021 — Wondering how to improve Microsoft Office 365 efficiency? We'll give you a hint: Visibility, Management, and Automation.
- Boost security with Office 365 privileged access management
- Aug 24, 2021 — Take these steps toward Office 365 privileged access management to prevent administrator credentials from falling into the wrong hands.
Microsoft 365, Microsoft Entra, Azure AD, Group Access Reviews, Dynamic Groups, PIM Assigned Groups