Microsoft Teams is a powerful communication and collaboration tool that allows users to start a call directly from a chat. Follow these simple steps to start a call from a chat in Microsoft Teams:
- Open Microsoft Teams
- Navigate to the 'Chat' tab on the left side of the application
- Select the conversation with the person or group you want to call
- On the top right corner of the chat window, you will see audio and video call icons
- Click on the 'Audio call' icon for a voice call, or the 'Video call' icon for a video call
- Wait for the recipient(s) to answer the call
- During the call, you can use various features such as screen sharing, raise hand, and chat
- To add more participants to the call, click on the 'Add people' icon
- Once you have finished the call, click on the red 'Hang up' button to end it
- Note that you can also schedule meetings or invite people to instant meetings through the chat tab
Discover More About Microsoft Teams
Microsoft Teams is an essential collaboration tool in today's work environment. In addition to initiating calls directly from a chat, Teams provides numerous features to enhance communication and teamwork. You can create channels for specific topics, add apps and bots to automate tasks, and host webinars or live events. As you delve deeper into Microsoft Teams, you'll continue to discover new ways to streamline your workflow and keep teams connected.
Learn about How to start a call from a chat in Microsoft Teams
Starting a call from a chat in Microsoft Teams is a great way to quickly connect with your colleagues. To start a call from a chat, open the chat window and select the “Video” or “Audio” icon in the upper right corner of the window. You will then be prompted to invite other people to join the call. Once invited, they will receive a notification in their chat window and can join the call. You can also initiate a call from within a group chat, a team channel, or by searching for a contact.
To participate in a call, you will need to have an up-to-date version of Microsoft Teams installed on your device. If you don’t have it, you can download it from the Microsoft Teams website. Once installed, you can join a call from the chat window or by clicking the “Join” button that appears in the notification. You will also need to have a webcam, microphone, and speakers or headphones connected to your device in order to participate in the call.
Once connected, you can chat with the other participants in the call, share your screen, or share a file. You can also record the call if you need to refer back to it later. When you are done with the call, you can end it by clicking the “End Call” button.
Starting a call from a chat in Microsoft Teams is quick and easy and allows you to quickly connect with your colleagues. With the wide range of features available, you can have an effective and productive call.
More links on about How to start a call from a chat in Microsoft Teams
- Start a Call from a Chat in Teams
- Go to the command box at the top of your screen and type /call, then type or select the name of the person you want to reach. You can also start a one-on-one ...
- Microsoft Teams: How to Make a Phone Call | Video and Steps
- In Teams, you can place a call from a chat, from the command bar, from the calling tab, and basically anywhere you interact with the person you want to call.
- How to Start a call from a chat in Microsoft Teams
- Sep 6, 2022 — Click on the New chat button at the top of your chat list to start a new conversation in your chat list. The To field at the top of the new chat ...
- Microsoft Teams – Video Call Guide
- Click the telephone icon on the far-right hand side to begin a telephone conversation with the selected individual. Telephone conversations require microphone ...3 pages
- Microsoft Teams: Chat, audio, and video call functions
- To start an audio call, click on the telephone icon at the top right. 2. Once the person you are calling has answered your call you will be able to share audio, ...7 pages
- How to Use Microsoft Teams Video Calling | Video + FAQs
- How to video call on Microsoft Teams – starting a call. Open up your Microsoft Teams application and familiarise yourself with the activity pane.
- Chat, Video, and Audio Calls in Microsoft Teams
- Dec 5, 2022 — To Start a Chat: · Click on the New Chat icon to the left of the Search bar. · Enter the name of your recipients in the To: field. · Type your ...
"Microsoft Teams Calling, #MSteamsCalling, #CallinginTeams, #StartCallinTeams, #TeamsCallStart"