Excel & Power BI Data Analysis Complete Class in One Video - 365 MECS 04
Course taught by Excel MVP and Highline College Professor, Mike Girvin.
Download the Files:
Topics in video:
- (00:00) Introduction
- (03:52) What is Data Analysis?
- (04:37) Sorting and Filtering. Example 1 & 2
- (13:24) FlashFill. Example 3.
- (15:58) Standard PivotTable with Summarize Values By and Show Values As calculations. Example 4.
- (20:25) Power Query to import, clean, transform and refresh data and load to Excel Worksheet. Complete Introduction to Power Query. Example 5.
- (34:07) First look at Power Query’s Functional Language: M Code
- (55:05) Power Query to Import and combine 12 tables into one table and load directly to a PivotTable Report & Excel Chart Visualization. Example 6.
- (01:10:18) Excel Line Chart Visualization based on PivotTable
- (01:14:04) Data Modeling for Examples 7, 8 & 9
- (01:17:51) XLOOKUP function, PivotTable and Excel Charts to build report and visualization. Example 7.
- (01:28:37) Power Pivot, Data Model, Relationships and DAX Formulas to build Data Model PivotTable Reports. Power Query to import Excel data. Complete Introduction to Power Pivot. Example 8.
- (01:55:51) Sort By Column Feature for Data Field in Data Table
- (01:57:21) Filter Context for DAX Formulas in Data Model
- (02:02:04) Implicit Measures and Automatic Date Grouping: Dangers of Data Models
- (02:05:54) Mark As Date Table
- (02:07:05) Send Data Model to Power BI Desktop to make Interactive & Sharable Dashboard. Example 9.
- (02:12:07) Complete Introduction to Power BI Desktop
- (02:18:53) Building Interactive Visuals
- (02:29:08) Stacked Bar/Chart Vs. Clustered Bar/Chart
- (02:34:48) Complete Introduction Power BI Online and Workspaces to share Power BI Desktop files, Excel files, dashboards and data models easily online.
- (02:43:00) What is a Dashboard?
- (02:48:06) Connect to Data Models stored at Power BI Online in Excel and Power BI Desktop
- (02:51:46) Refresh Excel Power Pivot, Power BI Desktop and Power BI Online when Source Data Changes
- (02:57:08) Power BI Desktop and Power Query to import 7 million rows of SQL Database sales data and build Interactive Gross Profit Dashboard. Example 10.
- (02:59:43) What is a Columnar Database?
- (03:01:15) Idea behind DAX Revenue Formula (Measure)
- (03:02:53) Log in to SQL Database, Import 7 million rows of data with Power Query in Power BI Desktop
- (03:07:33) Build DAX Date Table
- (03:12:33) Row Context in DAX Calculated Columns and DAX Iterator Functions
- (03:17:48) Hide Fields in Report View
- (03:19:10) Two-Step DAX Revenue Measure using ROUND and RELATE#D DAX functions
- (03:26:18) One-Step DAX Revenue Measure using SUMX DAX function
- (03:28:32) Compare One-Step and Two-Step Measures. Which is better?
- (03:31:26) Create four Remaining Measures in Report View
- (03:34:18) What is Gross Profit? Two Measures for Gross Profit.
- (03:38:51) Create Two Power BI Reports, including Map Report
- (03:41:23) Map Visual
- (03:43:19) Conclusion
- (03:43:44) Closing and Video Links