Power Pages offer the feature to develop custom HTML forms using a model-driven app Dataverse form. Initially, this was a component of the Adxstudio portal product enabling surfacing Dynamics CRM form on a webpage. The form designer in the Data workspace is identical to the one used for model-driven apps. However, it has its share of limitations. It is a WYSIWYG designer but the visual output is a model-driven app version not a Power Pages version. Customization beyond the standard configuration brings challenges.
- Ability to build custom HTML forms in Power Pages
- Use model-driven app Dataverse form as a foundation
- Re-visits the concept from Adxstudio days
- Dynamics CRM form can be surfaced on a webpage
- Form designer in Data workspace is similar to model-driven apps
- Customization beyond a certain point is difficult
About Model-Driven App Dataverse Form in Power Pages
The Model-Driven App Dataverse Form offers foundation for HTML forms in Power Pages, allowing users to create, edit, read-only forms on the websites. However, customization or configuration beyond the standard setup is a drawback. The form designer used is more akin to model-driven apps, thus what you see is a model-driven form. The ultimate output, however, is a Power Pages form.
Read the full article Build custom HTML forms in Power Pages
Learn about Build custom HTML forms in Power Pages
More links on about Build custom HTML forms in Power Pages
- Tutorial: Add a form to your page
- May 12, 2023 — Create a form · Go to Power Pages. · In the data workspace, select the Feedback table and choose the Forms tab. · Select + New form to open the ...
- Build custom Power Pages web templates - Training
- This module describes custom web templates and how you can build and set up the templates to extend and enhance a Power Pages website.
- Custom page layouts in Power Pages
- Add forms - Power Pages
- May 12, 2023 — We've created a series of tutorials and videos for you to learn to use Power Pages and how create and add a form to a page.
- Webpage (HTML) web resources - Power Apps
- Dec 15, 2022 — The text editor provided in the web resource form is intended for use with very simple HTML editing. For more sophisticated HTML documents, you ...
- How To Make A Power Apps Custom Page (Full Tutorial)
- Mar 12, 2023 — With a Power Apps custom page we can build full-screen pages, dialogs and side-panes in model-driven apps with the canvas app editor.
- Demystifying forms in Power Pages
- Mar 11, 2023 — While designing a webpage, using the Power Pages design studio, a maker can select a form component to add to a webpage, and as part of the ...
- How to Use the Power Apps Portals Portal Management ...
- Sep 28, 2022 — Create/Edit the Form. Go and edit the form where the HTML editor control will live. In this case, as the editors will be providing quite a bit ...
"Power Pages custom forms", "Power Pages HTML forms", "Dataverse form designer", "Model-driven app forms", "WYSIAMDFAWYWGIAPPF"