Despite living in an age of online commerce and digital subscription services, the Microsoft 365 admin center's online store does not contain accurate product information. This assumption is incorrect, particularly concerning the "purchase services" tab. The detailed information shown to potential customers looking to buy Power Apps licenses from this portal has been invalid for nearly four years. Despite attempting to contact Microsoft about this issue through various channels, such as MS partner forums dedicated to licensing information, Microsoft MVP program-related forums, and directly reaching out to the Power Apps product team, no success has been achieved.
- The Microsoft 365 admin center provides inaccurate product information.
- The "purchase services" tab contains invalid data for Power Apps licenses.
- This discrepancy has been ongoing for approximately four years.
- All communication attempts made towards addressing this problem have not been fruitful.
Detailed Overview of The Problem with Microsoft 365 Admin Center Product Information
The Microsoft 365 admin center offers inaccurate product descriptions, notably for the Power Apps licenses, which has misled potential customers for nearly four years. Despite various attempts to reach out to Microsoft, such as through the Microsoft MVP program and MS partner forums, there has been no rectification in the provided information. This lack of action raises concerns about the reliability of product descriptions provided by large corporations' online storefronts, and especially Microsoft's, causing potential trust issues among customers.
Read the full article Don’t trust the Microsoft 365 admin center product information
Learn about Don’t trust the Microsoft 365 admin center product information
The Microsoft 365 admin center’s online store, particularly its Power Apps licenses section, has been showcasing incorrect information for approximately four years, despite numerous attempts to rectify it. The inaccuracies include a lack of updated product descriptions, names, icons, and feature comparisons.
Furthermore, the products are often difficult to locate due to faulty categorizations. The writer argues that these issues, which largely stem from a lack of coordination within the company, not only compromise customer trust but also contribute to a lack of transparency. The writer suggests that these problems are part of a larger pattern of outdated or incorrect information about Microsoft's products that persists in the face of rapid changes to names, icons, and licensing models.
More links on about Don’t trust the Microsoft 365 admin center product information
- Use policy settings to manage privacy controls for ...
- Mar 26, 2023 — Provides Office admins with information about how to manage privacy controls in Microsoft 365 Apps for enterprise by using policy settings.
- View my privacy options in the Microsoft Office Trust Center
- For information about how to access them see: Account Privacy Settings. In an Office program, on the File tab, click Options. Click Trust Center, and then ...
- Enable or disable macros in Microsoft 365 files
- Microsoft 365 will then not check them with the Trust Center. For more info, see Add, remove, or change a trusted location in Microsoft Office.
- Overview of optional connected experiences in Office
- Error message in Office when a file is blocked by registry ...
- May 5, 2022 — In the Trust Center window, select File Block Settings, and then clear ... Replace with the affected Office application name, ...
- Macros from the internet will be blocked by default in Office
- Feb 27, 2023 — Provides guidance for admins about how Office blocks macros in files from the internet.
- Add, remove, or change a trusted location in Microsoft Office
- Add a trusted location · In your Office app, click File > Options. · Click Trust Center > Trust Center Settings > Trusted Locations. · Click Add new location.
- Roles and role groups in Microsoft Defender for Office 365 ...
- Jun 23, 2023 — Admins can learn about the roles and role groups in Microsoft Defender for Office 365 and Microsoft Purview compliance.
- Microsoft 365 admin center software updates page
- Apr 26, 2023 — Microsoft admin center populates Windows Update for Business reports data into the software updates page.
- Trusted Locations for Office files - Deploy Office
- Mar 1, 2023 — Blocks Trusted Locations on network locations, including any configured by the admin (for example, by using the "Trusted Location #1" policy).
Microsoft 365 admin, Power Apps licenses, MS partner forums, Microsoft MVP program, MS Business Applications, Power Apps product team