The text discusses the release of the 2023 Wave 2 Summary by Microsoft. As previously elucidated (link omitted), Microsoft launches two "waves" of novel features and advancements annually. The release notes for the 2023 Wave 2 were published on the 18th of July, 2023. The extent of the document, like prior releases, is substantial. This blog post provides a concise summary of the Release 2023 Wave 2 notes, which can be found at the following locations.
The blog seeks to recapitulate and emphasise the most impressive or significant aspects of the Release Notes. While the focus is on the features commonly worked with, there are numerous other features not addressed in this article. This is a summary of Microsoft's 2023 release wave 2 plan for Dynamics 365, Viva Sales, and supply chain platform. This update will be released between October 2023 and March 2024, delivering hundreds of new features across various applications.
Microsoft Power Platform: 2023 Release Wave 2 Plan Summary
Release Wave 2 Overview
The Microsoft Power Platform release plan for the 2023 release wave 2 presents a variety of new features for Power Platform releasing from October 2023 through March 2024. The updates are available in a downloadable PDF format. Features for other platforms like Dynamics 365, Viva Sales, Supply Chain Platform, and Microsoft Cloud for Industry have been detailed in separate plans.
The Microsoft Power Platform comprises four products: Power BI, Power Apps, Power Automate, and Power Virtual Agents with two add-ins: AI Builder and Power Pages. The 2023 release wave 2 release offers numerous features for these applications, along with Microsoft Dataverse, and Power Platform capabilities for governance, administration, and pro development.
Power BI aims to enhance the creation experience for individuals, improve team collaboration and introduce GIT and source control integration for BI solutions.
Power Apps is improving with the expansion of Copilot, introducing AI-assisted experiences, increasing developer productivity, introducing modern controls, and enriching collaborative experiences.
Power Pages is enhancing the copilot maker experience to facilitate site building. It will include Power Pages capabilities for maker usage and onboarding and will connect with SAP.
Power Automate plans to simplify the process of creating new flows using natural language, improve process mining, and introduce a unified activity view.
Power Virtual Agents
Power Virtual Agents will roll out General Availability for Multi-Lingual bot support, Generative Answers and Actions, Standalone IVR, IVR integration with Dynamics 365 Customer Service, and Conversational Language Understanding service.
Microsoft Dataverse aims to improve app building productivity, connect with external data sources, and enable integration with the Microsoft 365 Copilot ecosystem.
AI Builder will allow makers to process documents easily and pre-generate responses to customer requests, which can be validated at a human validation station.
Governance, Administration, Pro Development, and ISV Experiences
Enhancements to governance and administration tools will provide administrators with additional controls and visibility. Pro development will offer an extension for VS Code, a native Visual Studio experience, and a new Developer Hub for a simplified onboarding experience.
Dynamics 365, Viva Sales, and Supply Chain Platform: 2023 Release Wave 2 Plan Summary
- Dynamics 365 Marketing introduces enhancements to Copilot features and offers unprecedented levels of personalization to email content, images, and layouts. B2B dashboards and improved lead assignment will facilitate better alignment between marketers and sellers.
- Dynamics 365 Sales emphasizes enabling sales organizations to manage digital sales processes better. Enhanced lead assignment capabilities will improve workflow management.
- Microsoft Viva Sales brings advanced AI capabilities like email summarization, CRM recommendations, meeting summarization, and real-time sales tips. New collaboration spaces in Microsoft Teams will accelerate deal progression and sales closure.
- Dynamics 365 Customer Service enhances Copilot capabilities and brings visual enhancements to the agent workspace, live chats, and voice calls visibility in Inbox, and personalization for conversational control. Call dialer improvements and smart call routing to idle agents are also planned.
- Dynamics 365 Field Service plans to introduce new capabilities for frontline workers, service managers, and dispatchers, including converting quotes to work orders, enhancing inspections, and evolving resource scheduling capabilities.
Finance and Supply Chain
- Dynamics 365 Finance aims to enhance visibility into data, automate AP and bank statements, and expand coverage in LATAM. The focus is also on automation of complex tax scenarios and e-invoicing requirements for more countries.
- Supply Chain Management continues to improve and optimize business processes for increased agility and resilience. The sales and procurement processes, manufacturing flexibility, and warehouse processes will see enhancements.
Project Operations and Cross-App Capabilities
- Dynamics 365 Project Operations is enhancing services procurement scenarios and project contracting. New functionalities and scenarios in pricing models will support the evolving service-centric economy.
- Cross-app capabilities continue to evolve, targeting all finance and operations apps.
- Dynamics 365 Human Resources is improving recruitment experiences targeting recruiters, candidates, and hiring managers. Integration with learning management systems through public APIs and expansion of payroll partner network are planned.
- Dynamics 365 Commerce is leveraging AI for effortless creation of engaging product content for digital commerce sites. New B2B investments aim to streamline the workflow for B2B sellers, distributors, and buyers.
- Dynamics 365 Business Central will enhance core functionality for intercompany and consolidation management. Improvements to warehouse capabilities and creation of more Power Automate templates are planned.
- Dynamics 365 Guides is introducing several new capabilities like Object Anchors, Azure Remote Rendering, and availability on Government Community Cloud High. Integration with systems of record for seamless mixed reality workflows is a key focus.
- Dynamics 365 Customer Insights is enhancing Copilot features for easier access to insights and actioning them. Real-time data management and easy access to insights within Dynamics 365 apps are planned to deliver seamless, personalized experiences across the customer’s lifecycle.
Supply Chain Center
- Microsoft Supply Chain Center is introducing enhancements for a more resilient supply chain, including Intelligent Order Management for PO orchestration, seamless collaboration via Supplier Portal, and copilot AI. Advanced Data Analytics for Insights to Action and new Network Inventory Optimization capabilities are also on the cards.
The plans for the release wave can be downloaded as a PDF file or viewed online. It's important to note that Microsoft Power Platform and Microsoft Cloud for Industry features have separate release plans.
These new updates and features promise to enhance user experience and, overall, improve the Microsoft platform's efficiency and functionality. Each "wave" introduces numerous changes, and this 2023 Wave 2 release is expected to be impactful. True to its commitment to constant improvement, Microsoft continues to roll out these beneficial updates. Keep in mind that there’s a significant amount of features this document doesn’t cover.
Read the full article Release 2023 Wave 2 Summary
Learn about Release 2023 Wave 2 Summary
Microsoft is releasing two “Waves” of new functionalities and improvements per year. The Release 2023 Wave 2 is a huge release with many changes and improvements. This blog post summarizes the Release Notes and highlights the most interesting or impactful features. Power Platform and Dynamics 365 are the main areas of focus. Changes include improvements to the Unified Interface, new features for Power Automate, Power Apps Component Framework updates, enhanced customization and extensibility options, new analytics capabilities, and more. The release also includes several improvements to data management, including support for the Common Data Model and enhanced data security and privacy features. Additionally, the release includes several new features for Dynamics 365, such as improved customer service capabilities, expanded marketing features, and enhanced app integrations.
More links on about Release 2023 Wave 2 Summary
- Microsoft Dynamics 365 2023 release wave 2 plan overview
- 5 hours ago — The 2023 release wave 2 plan describes the Microsoft Dynamics 365 features that are planned for release between October 2023 and March 2024.
- 2023 Wave 2 Release Notes: D365 Sales
- 4 hours ago — This features stacks on top of that, as it will allow sellers to get an summary or overview of the account, showing summaries of related ...
- Microsoft Dynamics 365 Updates & Release Wave Summary
- Microsoft has published release plans for the second wave of updates in 2022 that will be available between October 2022 and March 2023.
- Microsoft Power Platform: An Overview of the 2023 ...
- Apr 14, 2023 — Microsoft Power Platform has unveiled its 2023 release wave 1 plan, offering a new era of digital transformation for businesses.
- Microsoft Power Platform - Release Plans
- This link downloads the wave summary for the entire release wave and is not limited to a particular feature or product. Dynamics 365 and Microsoft Power ...
- An overview of the Microsoft Power Platform 2022 release ...
- This blog summarises the main Wave 2 Release announcements focusing on the Power Platform updates. Some of these will initially be released in public preview, ...
- What's New in Dynamics 365 Project Operations
- Mar 9, 2023 — This TechTalk will cover the new features in Dynamics 365 Commerce that are introduced in 2023 release wave 1.
- Cumulative Update Summary for Microsoft Dynamics ...
- 8 days ago — Cumulative Update (July, 2023) for Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central is now released.BC22:Released Updates for Mic.
Microsoft Dynamics MDA, Microsoft Dynamics Release 2023, Microsoft Power Platform 2023 Wave 2, Microsoft Dynamics 2023 Wave 2, Microsoft Dynamics Release Notes 2023