The error reads – “Unable to merge because sub-entity will be parented differently. You can disable the parent check prior to execution as part of Merge dialog.“
Let’s see why this error occurs and how to solve this.
- Notice the below records selected for Merging –
- And when you select them for Merging using the Merge button upon their selection.
- You’ll also be given Parent Checking selected by Default.
- This is what causes the error. Now, if they either had the same Parent or one of them doesn’t have a parent, this won’t appear and they’ll be Merged.
- Now, they’ve been correctly Merged and only 1 record exists.
Open full article