No More VBA. ChatGPT to automates boring work with Office Scripts Excel Office Scripts are the future of automation for Excel and other Office apps, replacing VBA and macros going forward. In a video, ChatGPT is used to write an Office Script. The results are impressive.
The example file and Office Script can be downloaded from myonlinetraininghub.com/write-excel-off…
Excel Office Scripts: The Future of Automation, Replacing VBA
Excel Office Scripts are ushering a new era of automation, gradually replacing Visual Basic for Applications (VBA/macros) as the preferred method for automating Excel tasks in both desktop and online environments.
- VBA is limited to desktop use, unable to function in Excel online.
- Office Scripts allow users to record and replay actions, making automation accessible to a broader range of users.
- You can use ChatGPT to write Office Scripts.
Excel Office Script Requirements
Office Scripts is available to Excel users with the following:
- Excel for Windows (version 2210 or higher), Excel for Mac, or Excel on the web.
- OneDrive for Business.
- A commercial or educational Microsoft 365 license with access to Microsoft 365 Office desktop apps.
- Internet connectivity with connected experiences.
Where to Find Office Scripts Tools
- The Office Scripts tools are available on the new Automate tab of the Excel ribbon.
- In the gallery, you’ll find a selection of sample scripts to try, as well as any scripts you’ve recently created.
Using ChatGPT to Write Office Scripts
The key to using ChatGPT to write Office Scripts is to provide a clear description of what you want. Once done, the resulting code can be inserted into Excel.
Inserting the Office Script into Excel
To use the Excel Office Script:
- Open the Excel file.
- Go to the "Automate" tab.
- Click on "New Script" to open the Office Scripts editor.
- Replace the default script with the provided script.
- Click the "Run" button or press "Ctrl + Enter" to execute the script.
Re-using the Office Scripts
- By default, scripts are saved to your OneDrive account and are available in the script gallery or your script library.
- You can link the script to the current file and share it with anyone who has edit access to the file, via a button in the current file.
More about Office Scripts Automation
Office Scripts aims to revolutionize the automation process in Excel and other Office apps, replacing the conventional VBA and macro approach. The advantages of this system are numerous, with impressive results seen when utilizing ChatGPT for script writing. This opens new windows of opportunity for businesses and educational institutions equipped with the required Microsoft 365 licenses and connectivity. The change not only optimizes the automation process but also enhances efficiency and productivity.
Learn about No More VBA. ChatGPT to automates boring work with Office Scripts
Microsoft Office Scripts are the future of automation for Excel and other Office apps, replacing VBA and macros as the primary method of automation. Office Scripts are available to Excel users with a Microsoft 365 license that has access to the Microsoft 365 Office desktop apps, such as Office 365 Business or Business Premium, Office 365 ProPlus or ProPlus for Devices, Office 365 Enterprise E3 or E5, or Office 365 A3 or A5. Office Scripts requires Excel for Windows (version 2210 or higher), Excel for Mac, or Excel on the web, as well as OneDrive for Business and internet connectivity with connected experiences enabled.
ChatGPT is a tool that allows users to write Office Scripts without having to write or understand code. By using ChatGPT, users can automate tedious tasks within Excel and other Office apps. Using ChatGPT, users can create an Office Script to generate a task and achieve the desired outcome.
In order to learn more about Office Scripts and ChatGPT, users can download an example file and Office Script from MyOnlineTrainingHub.com or take one of their Excel courses. By downloading the file and Office Script, users can explore the capabilities of Office Scripts and ChatGPT and learn how to use them for their own automation tasks.
By learning about Office Scripts and ChatGPT, users can automate tasks within Excel and other Office apps, replacing VBA and macros and making tedious tasks easier and faster. With Office Scripts and ChatGPT, users can create automated tasks quickly and easily, eliminating the need for manual input.
More links on about No More VBA. ChatGPT to automates boring work with Office Scripts
- Write Excel Office Scripts with ChatGPT
- Let's all welcome Office Scripts in Excel on the web for ...
- Aug 11, 2021 — Power Automate (previously Microsoft Flow) is an impactful tool to empower employees to create automated processes with no- and low-code to ...
- Are Office Scripts the new VBA?
- Aug 25, 2022 — Yes and no. If you are using Power Automate then yes, it adds so much functionality, makes flows a lot simpler/efficient and is a lot quicker. ...
- My Online Training Hub
- VBA is old school. Use ChatGPT to 10x productivity and automate boring work with Office Scripts. https://youtu.be/70AyXUoBRqw ... No more UGLY PivotTables!
- Automatically run SAP transactions out of Excel
- Let's now start automating this boring repetitive manual work building an Excel-SAP GUI. Solution. In SAP you can record your inputs using the “Script Recording ...
- Gráinne Duggan - exceltraining #excelmastery
- So, the course provides the skills and knowledge to unlock the full potential of Office Scripts, enabling you to automate tasks, streamline processes, and save ...
- Is VBA still worth learning even with Chat GPT around?
- I would *REALLY* not like to trust any program that it wrote, so the simple answer is that learning VBA, or any other programming language, is still worthwhile ...
- I have 0 coding experience or knowledge. I used ChatGPT ...
- May 26, 2023 — I used ChatGPT to create code that would automate 80% of my work and I don't know how to deal with this newfound power.
- Jul 11, 2023 — In this video, I'll show you how to use ChatGPT and Python to automate some of those boring tasks. We'll be looking at automating Outlook, ...
Office Scripts, Automation, VBA, Macros, Excel, Office 365, Microsoft 365, Excel for Windows, Excel for Mac, Excel on Web, OneDrive for Business