In response to user feedback concerning the performance of Microsoft Teams for Education, the Teams app is undergoing a revamp based on speed, flexibility and performance. This is seen as the next evolution of Microsoft Teams, named 'new Microsoft Teams,' and is currently released in preview. Major benefits to expect from the newly updated Teams app include up to 2X faster performance in launching the app, joining meetings, or switching chats or channels. It will use up to 50% less memory and disk space, promising lower CPU usage. An improved collaboration feature across multiple organizations or accounts with no disruption to work is also part of this update.
- Microsoft is redesigning Teams app focusing on speed, performance, and flexibility.
- 'New Microsoft Teams' is now available in preview.
- The updated app is expected to be up to 2X faster in launching, joining meetings, and more.
- Less memory usage, dropping by up to 50%.
- An improved seamless collaboration across multiple organizations or accounts.
Exploring the Next Evolution of Microsoft Teams
The new re-design takes into account user feedback to increase the overall performance and make teamwork even more efficient. With speed enhancements, the app launches, facilitates meetings, and switches between chats or channels twice as fast. On top of all that, the new Teams will use considerably less memory and disk space, making it easier to work on multiple accounts and organizations without any interruption.
Read the full article New Microsoft Teams for Education - Now in preview
Learn about New Microsoft Teams for Education - Now in preview
New Microsoft Teams for Education is now in preview and is designed with speed, performance, and flexibility in mind. It is up to 2x faster when launching the app, joining meetings, or switching chats or channels. It also uses up to 50% less memory and disk space utilization, and has lower CPU usage. It also allows users to collaborate across multiple organizations or accounts with no disruption.
New Teams features an improved user interface, with a more intuitive, modern design. It also enables quicker access to information, such as people, teams, chats, and channels. In addition, it has improved accessibility features, including a dark mode, high contrast mode, and keyboard navigation.
New Teams also includes new security and compliance features, such as data loss prevention, encryption, and multi-factor authentication. It also has improved search capabilities and better support for large teams. Finally, it comes with new tools for IT admins, such as admin center, policy settings, and reporting.
New Teams is a great tool for educators and students alike, providing a modern and secure environment for collaboration. With its improved performance, design, and security features, it is sure to make collaboration even easier and more efficient.
More links on about New Microsoft Teams for Education - Now in preview
- New Microsoft Teams for Education - Now in preview
- 1 hour ago — The new Teams app is available now on Windows Desktop only. It will be available on Mac and Web later in the calendar year.
- Introducing New Microsoft Teams for Education
- Mar 27, 2023 — With this feedback in mind, Microsoft is excited to announce that the Teams app is being re-designed with a performance-driven focus and will be ...
- What's New in Microsoft Teams for Education | June 2023
- Jun 6, 2023 — Teams has now added the ability to quickly preview your assignment from the new Create Flow inside Assignments. thumbnail image 6 of blog post ...
- Introducing the new Microsoft Teams, now in preview
- Mar 27, 2023 — As we announced in this blog post, today we're starting to roll out the preview version of the new Teams desktop app for Windows.
- What's New in Microsoft Teams for Education | April 2023
- Apr 4, 2023 — We've begun rolling out the public preview version of the new Teams desktop app for Windows. Here's a quick look what users can expect from New ...
- Microsoft Teams Public Preview
- Jun 14, 2023 — Learn how to use public preview in Microsoft Teams to try out new features and provide feedback.
- New Microsoft Teams (Preview)
- The preview release of the new Microsoft Teams desktop app on Windows was reimagined from the ground up for a faster, simpler, and more flexible experience.
- Introducing the new Microsoft Teams | Microsoft 365 Blog
- Mar 27, 2023 — Today, we embark on the next chapter of the Microsoft Teams story with the public preview of the new Microsoft Teams app for Windows.
- Get early access to new Teams features
- Join the Microsoft Teams public preview program to get early access to new features and share your feedback directly with the Teams team.
- Try the new Microsoft Teams
- In the new Teams, you can switch between apps, respond to chat messages, and join meetings and calls more quickly while using less battery and memory. Launch ...
Microsoft Teams, Education Platform, Teams App, Performance, Stability, Flexibility