Once you've done the work to install and configure the tool (covered below), an assessment is run to scan your Microsoft 365 tenant in 'Syntex adoption' mode. This launches a scanning process across your entire SharePoint Online estate which, depending on tenant size, will take some time. Once execution is complete, a Power BI report is created as the output - allowing you to slice and drill around your data in later analysis.
Run the assessment
- learn more.
- Download the Microsoft 365 Assessment tool
- Configure authentication
- Requirements in Permission
- Run a SharePoint Syntex adoption assessment
What the Syntex Assessment Tool provides
- Libraries with custom columns - Identify libraries where Syntex can automatically populate columns, improving consistency
- Column usage - Identify patterns of column usage, to target Syntex models where they will have the maximum benefit
- Libraries with custom content types - Identify libraries using custom content types, where Syntex models can be used to automatically categorize files.
- Content type usage - Identify patterns of content type usage, to target Syntex models where they will have the maximum benefit
- Libraries with retention labels - Identify libraries where retention labels are used, where Syntex can be used to automate and improve consistency
- Library size - Identify large libraries where classification and metadata can improve the content discovery experience
- Library modernization status - Identify libraries which may need to be modernized to fully make use of Syntex
- Prebuilt model candidates - Identify libraries where names or content types suggest a prebuilt model could be applied
- Syntex model usage - Review the current use of Syntex models in your site
More Information about this topic:
Building beautiful buttons in Canvas Apps part 1 - neumorphic buttons