Microsoft believes that when you create powerful technologies, you also must ensure that the technology is developed and used responsibly. We are committed to a practice of responsible AI by design, guided by a core set of principles: fairness, reliability and safety, privacy and security, inclusiveness, transparency and accountability.
Explore how Micorosft is putting these principles into practice across the company to develop and deploy AI that will have a positive impact on society.
[What is Microsoft’s Approach to AI? | Microsoft Source](https://news.microsoft.com/source/features/ai/microsoft-approach-to-ai/)
Microsoft Drives Responsible AI is a program that focuses on the ethical development and deployment of Artificial Intelligence (AI). The program helps to ensure that AI is developed in a way that is respectful of people, ethical, and accountable.
It works by leveraging Microsoft’s Responsible AI framework, which describes seven core principles that should be applied when developing and deploying AI. These principles are: Privacy, Fairness, Reliability and Safety, Inclusivity, Transparency, Accountability, and Human Control. Microsoft Drives Responsible AI also promotes the use of best practices and encourages collaboration, dialogue, and education between industry and the public sector, to ensure that AI is developed responsibly and ethically.
## More links on about Microsoft 365
- [Our approach to responsible AI at Microsoft](https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/ai/our-approach)
Learn how Microsoft is committed to making sure AI systems are developed responsibly and in ways that warrant people's trust.
- [Responsible AI principles from Microsoft](https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/ai/responsible-ai)
Learn about our AI principles built on a foundation of responsibility. The Microsoft approach to artificial intelligence can help you achieve more.
- [The building blocks of Microsoft's responsible AI program](https://blogs.microsoft.com/on-the-issues/2021/01/19/microsoft-responsible-ai-program/)
Jan 19, 2021 — The building blocks of Microsoft's responsible AI program · Governance as a foundation for compliance · Developing rules to enact our principles.
- [What is Microsoft's Approach to AI?](https://news.microsoft.com/source/features/ai/microsoft-approach-to-ai/)
Feb 17, 2023 — We are committed to a practice of responsible AI by design, guided by a core set of principles: fairness, reliability and safety, ...
- [Responsible AI Resources - Microsoft](https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/ai/responsible-ai-resources)
Microsoft created open source tool Counterfit to help organizations assess AI security risks, allowing developers to ensure that their algorithms are robust, ...
- [Responsible AI: The research collaboration behind new open ...](https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/research/blog/responsible-ai-the-research-collaboration-behind-new-open-source-tools-offered-by-microsoft/)
Feb 27, 2023 — Responsible AI: The research collaboration behind new open-source tools offered by Microsoft ... As computing and AI advancements spanning decades ...