Delight Your Users with Modern Tabs in Power Apps Learn how to make less intimidating forms by breaking up your forms into multiple steps and by using the slick new fluent modern tabs controls. In this video, Brian shows you how to use the new modern tab control in Power Apps to break a form up into smaller bite-sized pieces. Then, see how to submit multiple forms in one step to the database with one Patch statement.
Modern Tabs is a control in Power Apps that enables users to navigate between different contexts within an app. Users can select a tab to move between screens or take action within the app.
The content of the tabs can be a list of items or data from a specific field in a data table. This list of items can be shown in the tabs either as an array (by selecting a value in a field) or as a data column from a table.
The key properties of the Modern Tabs control include:
- - **Items**: This is the list of items to be displayed in the tabs. It can either be an array (select value in a field) or a data column from a table.
- - **Render size**: This property allows you to choose the size of the tabs, which can be small, medium, or large.
- - **Alignment**: This gives you the option to display the tabs either vertically or horizontally.
- Additional properties of the Modern Tabs control include:
- - **Accessible label**: This is the label for screen readers.
- - **X**: This is the distance between the left edge of a control and the left edge of its parent container (or the screen if there's no parent container).
- - **Y**: This is the distance between the top edge of a control and the top edge of its parent container (or the screen if there's no parent container).
- - **Size**: This is the size of the control on the canvas
Modern Tabs Feature in Power Apps
The modern tabs control in Power Apps enhances user experience by creating less intimidating forms. Breaking forms into smaller, manageable steps allows users to navigate through multi-step processes easier. With the new modern tab control, users can now submit multiple forms in one action, streamlining data entry and minimizing errors. Explore the provided resources to further your understanding and capabilities within the Power Apps platform.
Learn about Delight Your Users with Modern Tabs in Power Apps
In this video, you will learn how to use the new modern tab control in Power Apps to break a form up into smaller bite-sized pieces. You will also learn how to submit multiple forms in one step to the database with one Patch statement. This will help you create less intimidating forms and delight your users.
You can continue your journey with On-Demand Learning by signing up for the free community plan. Pragmatic Works also offers On-Demand Learning Packages, Boot Camps, Hackathons and Virtual Mentoring.
More links on about Delight Your Users with Modern Tabs in Power Apps
- Tabs or tab list modern control in Power Apps (preview)
- Mar 27, 2023 — A Tab is a navigation control which can help users switch between different context within the app. You can add list of items to tabs or ...
- Power Apps Modern Controls - We Finally Have TABS!!
- Apr 28, 2023 — Power Apps Modern Controls - We Finally Have TABS!! is a feature released by Microsoft that allows users to create and manage tabs in their ...
- A Comprehensive Guide To Mobile App Design
- Feb 12, 2018 — There are many things to consider when designing for mobile. We're sure that this detailed guide will help you get rid of that headache when ...
- 15 Mobile App Design Best Practices | 2023
- Mar 1, 2023 — 11. Delight with Animations and Micro-interactions. Use delightful animation to make the interface feel human and create an emotional connection ...
- What is Omni-Channel? 20 Top Omni-Channel Experience ...
- Jun 9, 2023 — Get inspired by companies that provide customers with an excellent omni-channel experience and learn how to create one of your own.
- Expanding Power Automate Series: Send an envelope
- Jun 9, 2022 — In this blog post, I'm going to explore just how easy it is to send envelopes from Microsoft Power Automate, using the standard DocuSign ...
Modern Tabs in Power Apps, Next step journey, On-Demand Learning, Pragmatic Works On-Demand Learning Packages, Pragmatic Works Boot Camps, Pragmatic Works Hackathons, Pragmatic Works Virtual Mentoring